Easter is around the corner and I was dreaming: Martha Stewart, Oprah and I steaming some coloured eggs...lol. Too bad, she knows already about this technique.
My friend Hans shared almost 3 years ago his Family-Easter-Eggs-Dyeing-Event with me. They wrapped eggs with ugly, old pieces of silk from ties/scarves/old blouses and placed them in boiling water with vinegar. The silk was reused the other year.
I'm going to show this technique some TMX-Users and better check out the Thrift Store. My husband is not too happy to give more of his ties away.
Now, this is my way using the Varoma and the Thermomix:
Raw Eggs ( room temperature)
100% Pure Silk Ties - lining removed
- Cut silk in pieces -large enough to cover one egg- and moisten them with water
- Wrap silk -right side/print facing- with yarn around the eggs
- Place in the Varoma, add 800 ml of water in the TM-bowl and steam for 2o min/Varoma/speed 1
- Rinse under cold water and remove silk from cooled eggs
- Wipe them -for shiny eggs- with some Coconut Oil or any other oil
You might also like: Turmeric Coloured Easter Eggs
- nasse Seidenstuecke (Krawatte) um zimmerwarme Eier wickeln
- 20 Min/Varoma/Stufe 1 garen
- kalt abspuelen, abwickeln, einfetten und fertig